Adding the child Module Specification document to the parent module
Before you start, rename the Module Specification link in the parent module to prevent confusion later on.
- Ensure you have your editing switched on. Log into Blackboard and go to the parent module. In the left hand course menu click the arrow next to Module Specification and select the ‘Rename Link’ option.
- After ‘Module Specification’ add the module code of the parent module and click the green tick. The Module Specification link has now been renamed.
Now save a copy of the module specification image for use later on.
- Using a snipping tool, take a screenshot of this image and save it to your computer for use later on.
Next you need a copy of the child module Module Specification document.
- In Blackboard, go to the child module and download a copy of the Module Specification document.
- Save this to your computer naming it as ‘Module Specification’ followed by the child module code.
Now you will add a copy of the child module specification into the parent module.
- Go to your parent module and ensure you have your editing switched on. In the Course menu click on the ‘Add menu item’ and choose ‘Content area’. Name the new content area ‘Module Specification’ followed by the child module code.
- In this new content area use the ‘Build content’ menu to create a new Item. Name the Item ‘Module Specification Document’ followed by the child module code.
- Whilst in the edit screen of this new item, in the text box tools, click ‘Insert/Edit Image’ and then use the ‘Browse My Computer’ to find and upload the module specification image saved earlier. Click Insert.
- Underneath the module specification image you have just added, type ‘Click to view the approved Module Specification Document for ‘ followed by the child module code.
- Select the text you have just written and click ‘Insert/Edit link’. Under the ‘Link Path’ box use ‘Browse My Computer’ to find and upload the module specification document saved earlier. Then click ‘Insert’.
- Then ‘Submit your item’. You should now have two module specification links in the parent course menu identified by their module code.
If you need help with these instructions, contact the TEL team.
- Published: 3 years ago
- Updated: 2 years ago