Keeping your browser up to date is generally a good idea, but if you are a Box user then you may be forced into it, to continue using the system. If when accessing Box you receive a message warning you that your browser is out of date, follow the instructions below to update.
- Select Control Panel from the Windows Start menu.
- From the Control Panel select Programs.
- Then select Run Advertised Programs.
- At this point you should close Chrome if you have it open.
If you are using Chrome to view this tutorial please read ahead to see what should happen before you close the browser.
From the list of software shown select Google Chrome and then click the Run button.
- You will then be asked to download the program. Click Download.You will then be shown a download in progress window. This dialogue box may indicate that the download will take a considerable length of time. This is normally very inaccurate and in most situations the download will be much quicker.
- Once the download has completed click the Run button.
- Once the installation is completed you should be shown the following dialogue box.You can now open Chrome again and browse to Box.
- Published: 6 years ago
- Updated: 5 years ago