Recording student presentations using webcams
The use of webcams and Panopto (Aston Replay) offers many advantages over the video cameras previously used to record student presentations.
- are immediately available for review.
- are automatically and securely archived.
- can be given meaningful names, e.g. the students’ names and/or group.
- include the slides shown as well as the video and audio.
- can be easily shared with colleagues and external examiners.
- can also be shared, if required, with students to enable self-review.
- can include timed comments for grading and/or feedback.
LSS has eight high-quality Logitech C920 webcams with integral microphones, each with a tripod and long USB cable. Please contact NX04 if you wish to borrow these. Training and support will be provided to get you started.
Please contact NX04 at least one week before you need to use these to give us time to train you and configure Blackboard.
Panopto for student presentations checklist (PDF) – a useful reminder on the day
The longer guide below provides details about configuring your Blackboard course – please ask for advice and help with this if you are not confident.
This 16 minute video shows the whole process (Aston login required)
- Published: 4 years ago
- Updated: 4 years ago