Faronics Insight in PC labs
Faronics Insight enables tutors running a session in a PC lab to:
- display their own screen on all the student PCs e.g. to show slides or demonstrate how to use software;
- view small ‘thumbnail’ images of all students’ PC screens to check they are on task;
- view any student’s PC full-screen and control it e.g. to help that student in a task;
- blank all students’ screens while you talk to them;
- send typed messages to students;
- read messages sent by students;
- send files to the student PCs e.g. distribute a resource they will work on;
- collect files from the student PCs e.g. work they have done that will be assessed;
- start up all the PCs in the room, ready for the start of a session;
- and lots more – see the online tutorials for details.
There is a brief guide to getting started with Faronics Insight (PDF).
IT Services have a more detailed guide available.
Faronics have the definitive fully detailed user guide (PDF).
- Published: 1 year ago