Turnitin is a Blackboard plug-in – a piece of software that has been added into Blackboard to give additional functionality.
- When you are working on Blackboard you can see Turnitin submission links and the Turnitin submission inbox – these tools are a part of the Turnitin plug-in Blackboard.
- Turnitin assignments are stored and marked on the Turnitin site not on Blackboard. When you click on an assignment and start marking you have moved from Blackboard to the Turnitin site.
Turnitin assignments are stored and marked on the Turnitin site, not on Blackboard.
So if Blackboard is working but Turnitin is not, you will not be able to do any marking.
You can only wait for Turnitin to become available – you can check the Turnitin status page for information.
Turnitin assignments are stored and marked on the Turnitin site and you access them via the Turnitin Submission Inbox on Blackboard.
So if Turnitin is working but Blackboard is not, you will not be able to get to the Turnitin submission inbox in Blackboard to access your marking in Turnitin.
However, you can bypass Blackboard and log into Turnitin UK directly.
You are not able to add marks or comments in Turnitin. But you can read the assignment and analyse the Similarity report. You could also record your marks and comments outside of Turnitin and then return to add them in once the disruption is over.
Turnitin log in details
Your login details for Turnitin UK are different from your Blackboard log in details.
It is unlikely that you will know your Turnitin log in as you are not asked to log into Turnitin when you access your marking via Blackboard (third party cookies in your browser take care of this for you).
- Username – your Aston email (in the format: email@example.com)
- Password – go to the Turnitin login page and reset your password
Once you are logged in you will see a list of modules where you are an instructor.
- Click on your Module title.
- Find the correct assignment in your module and click View.
- You will now see the submission inbox, very similar to that in Blackboard.
- Published: 2 years ago
- Updated: 1 year ago